Monday, January 5, 2009

Podcasts and Resolutions

One think that I have started doing this break and have continued into the new year is listening to podcasts. Pastor Stephen Davey from Colonial Baptist Church (my church at home) is one of the best speakers I have heard, he speaks directly to me, grabs my attention, and always uses God's word. I have started to, when I spend my daily time with Jesus, listening to his podcasts. 

He has been preaching on the book of Ruth which is fascination. It is all about a happily ever after story and I love that but it didn't start out that way. In the beginning of the book Naomi lost her husband and both of her sons which one of them was Ruth's husband. They had nothing, only the grace and glory of Jesus. The book talks about the struggles they went through but they had faith in Christ through it all.  

It being a new year I decided to sit down and write down all the things that I want to work better at in this new year. I came up with twenty-three of them:

Set aside more time for Jesus
Make time to be by myself
Exercise more
Do everything out of love
Branch out more and make it an effort to include everyone
Replace frustration with patience
Own up to my sins 
Give more of myself to the ministry of Young Life
Come to my Savior first with anger, saddness, frustration instead of of others
Keep in touch with my parents. Pray for them.
Pray for my friends daily
Love myself
Obtain a job or internship and give it to the Lord
Save money
Take every advantage of representing the gospel
Love my body by eating healthier
Work hard at school
Pray for my future with a career
Pray for my future with marriage..or without it
Constantly work on keeping Christ the center of my friendships
Constantly work on keeping Christ the center of my relationship with Michael
Keep in touch with my friends from home
Prepare myself everyday to spend eternity with my Savior in Heaven


1 comment:

Cook Family said...

LOVE his sermons! Great resolutions! Bart and I are reading the Bible in a year. It's been challenging, but really good. I'm hoping I can stick with it even when Micah comes. :)